Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Carpenter's Son
As this music was playing and I soaked in the words, I realized what it meant that our Savior, Jesus Christ, was a carpenter. He molded wood with his father. He crafted things with creativity and vision. He was a creator. And then, surely, he swept up the shavings from the floor when the work was done.
Later, he suffered in Gethsemane, where trees lived in abundance. He was nailed to a wooden cross and given a crown of thorns wrapped tightly to a molded piece of wood.
None of these events were insignificant. There is meaning in all that the Savior did - all He lived for, all He died for, all He suffered for. I'm grateful for a carpenter's son who is willing to mold me - a piece of gnarly, rotting, breaking, dried out wood. And I know He is the only one who can make something beautiful out of me.
And when He's done, I know He will sweep up the shavings and present me as His masterpiece before His father, to mediate on my behalf. May I be easily molded. May I live up to what He sees in me. May we all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.