Despite coming down with pneumonia this past week, things are going quite well for me.
The past two weeks I have organized the tax office in addition to receiving grateful assistance from a few family members. I am feeling pretty blessed that everything is running smoothly and excited about the office and how it looks! Thanks again to those who have assisted me! I sure do love and appreciate you!
I am especially excited at this time because my daughter Cassie has passed the requirements and is now an official Liberty Tax Service tax preparer. This is a great skill to achieve and have not only for doing tax preparation but in building one's own confident and understanding of the myriad and complexities of our nation's tax code. The past two years Cassie has worked as a data entry/receptionist, but will now get to assist clients and prepare some real tax returns. I am confident that she will do exceptionally well so if you have some family and/or friends who need assistance with their tax returns please refer them to Cassie!
Madison has done a great job cleaning up the tax office and keeping it clean. She will soon be donning the Lady Liberty costume so be sure to honk and wave at her when you drive by. She will be the most beautiful Lady Liberty chick you have ever seen!
Bailey just finished her trimester and now has the opportunity to take college courses in the morning thereby freeing the rest of her afternoon schedule to work more at Subway. She is also planning to work and assist me with the data entry/receptionist work at the tax office so I look forward to working with her.
I haven’t heard from McKenzie lately but I know she is busy with school and seems to be doing quite well! I am proud of her progress and accomplishment!
So Friday was the official e-file day! I have had several returning clients come in who have received their W2s early. I am now waiting to receive acknowledgements from the IRS and State in order to finish those client's return.
There are so many people desperate for a job. I wish I could provide jobs for every one of them. One area that will probably hurt me is the advertising/marketing area. I simply do not have the funds for that but if I did, I could employ several more individuals. That is one of the hardest things to do in business to feed the hand of marketing in order to drum up enough business to pay back the marketing debt. It is a dangerous cycle. While I am going into my sixth season and have built a solid and sustainable client base, I have not felt the success in my abilities to propel the tax business to the next level which would enable me to expand the office, open the additional locations and provide more jobs.
Until next time, take care all of you and remember to post more often! This blog gets lonely often when it doesn’t receive any new updates! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.